- Afyon Kocatepe University was founded in 1992, and started the educational activities at 1992-1993 academic year. However, the history of university goes back to 1974 with Afyonkarahisar Finance and Accounting High School, a branch of Eskişehir Economics and Trading Sciences Academy.
- Now, the university has educational activities with 15 faculties and 5 schools at Bachelor of Science degree level, 15 vocational colleges at Associate Degree level, 5 institutes for graduate education.
- The educational activities consist of many different fields including;
• Engineering education (Engineering Faculty and Faculty of Technology and many programs in several vocational schools),
• Economics and Administrative sciences education (Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bolvadin School of Applied Sciences and many programs in several vocational schools),
• Tourism Education (Faculty of Tourism)
• Veterinary medicine education,
• Teacher education (Education Faculty and School of Physical Training and Sports)
• Art education (Faculty of Fine arts and State Conservatory).
- Research and graduate education is one of the most substantial issues for Afyon Kocatepe University. These activities are carried out at graduate institutes (Graduate Institute of Science and Engineering, Graduate Institute of Health Sciences, Graduate Institute of Social Sciences, Institute of Educational Sciences and Institute of Fine Arts). The university also consists of several research groups in the faculties as well as the research laboratories.
- There are three main campuses in the city center. The Ahmet Necdet Sezer (One of the former president of Turkish Republic, raised at Afyonkarahisar) Campus is used for faculties and research centers while the Ali Çetinkaya (One of the politicians having important roles at the establishment of the Turkish Republic) Campus is used for Health Education units and University Hospital and Ahmet Karahisari Campus is used for the faculty of Islamic Studies.
- Afyon Kocatepe University has more than 40 000 registered student and about 120 000 graduates.
HISTORY AND LOCATION
- Afyon Kocatepe University, being founded at July 3, 1992, started its educational activities on November 10, 1992 in Afyonkarahisar, a province in western Turkey. The history of university goes back to 1974 with Afyonkarahisar Finance and Accounting School, a branch of Eskişehir Economics and Trading Sciences Academy. Since then, the university has more than 80.000 graduates.
- Date of Foundation: 1992
- Number of Faculties: 15
- Number of Schools: 5
- Number of Institutes: 5
- Number of Research Center: 32
- School of Foreign Languages: 1
- State Conservatory: 1
- Vocational Schools: 15
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
- Associate Degree: 16481
- Undergraduate: 23223
- Graduate: 3206
- International Students: 465
- Male-Female Ratio: %56 - %44
- Number of Staff: 2312
- Academic Staff: 1378
- Research Assistant: 419
- It is believed in our university that a modern university consists of not only a good education, but also social events and our university is leading in this direction. During the academic year seminars, symposiums, conferences, panels and informal essays are organized.
- Our university supports social, cultural and sports events which are formed by student clubs. Every year in May, university's traditional spring festival is organized. A big excitement is experienced during the fair, sport tournaments, fashion shows and the other shows.
- In our university it is aimed to bring up versatile individuals and culture and art facilities are emphasized. The salons in Atatürk Culture Center, M. Rıza Çerçel Culture Center and the salons in our academic departments are used for these facilities. The salons have enough capacity and equipments for the students' and the lecturers' all kind of cultural and artistic activities. Our students can watch the films in cinema salons in Afyonkarahi̇sar, too. In all our campuses, there are sports facilities and our students can make sports there.
- Our students can make sports such as football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, athleticism, gymnastics, step, mountain climbing, boxing, wrestling, taekwondo and karate. They can join the teams and tournaments.
Producing scientific knowledge at a universal level, competing professionally with its contemporaries
to raise qualified individuals and contribute to regional development.
Continuously improving the quality of scientific research and education activities, regional
It is among the entrepreneurial universities at national level with innovative projects that contribute to development.
is to become an internationally recognized university in the long run.